just over 100 miles.
We began with another pretty sunrise and devotions from Isaiah 55:9, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
The challenge was: How big do you believe God is? The bigger God is to us the bigger He will be in us. So let Him be large in your life today! Watch for Him in creation, in each other, in those we meet along the way and in those who are spurring you on.
When we look for Him, He is faithful to be found by us! We found Him today in so many ways and places.
* In the scenery along the Lake Michigan shoreline
* In the woman from Wisconsin who stopped to ask what we were doing and gave $10 to The Ride. She worked at a pregnancy center near Apppleton, WI and was thrilled to cheer us on.
* In the prayers that felt so tangible from each of you (or supporters, readers, friends and family). We needed them and love feeling them surrounding us.
* In the woman from Good Samaritan in Ellsworth who let us set up in the parking lot, use the bathrooms and bless us with her sweet spirit.
* We saw Him through the Tunnel of Trees - spectacular!
* We saw Him in the Widerness State Park - picturesque!
* We saw Him in the hills, the sky and the weather. The weather is the weather! (ask Don about this quote). The weather has been glorious!
* We saw Him protecting us through every mile on the bikes and in the RV and car. Even after the GPS took BLAKE down a dirt road (Blake is good at backing out of tough spots!) P.S. - so is Mike!
* We saw Him in each other; encouraging one another when the hills seemed insurmountable, when we got weary, and when this 100-mile-day seemed daunting.
He is definitely a BIG GOD. And as the writer tonight, He was BIG in everyone's life today. I witnessed Him first hand in each team member all day long!
Each day Mary Ann and the RV SAG team write a verse on our daily Break Board (a scripture or inspirational thought written on a white board at every break). Today one of the verses on the Break Board was from Isaiah 40. It was shared again by Bob at the end of the day, it sums up our day so beautifully.
We feel it necessary to share it with you tonight:
"Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; BUT those who hope in the Lord WILL renew their strength. They WILL soar on wings like eagles; they WILL run and not grow weary, they WILL walk and not faint."
We DO know and we HAVE heard! He IS everlasting, our Creator who never tires. We experienced that from Him today. He GAVE strength and power today through difficult hills and many miles. As we placed our hope in the Lord our strength WAS and is being renewed, we have and will continue to soar like eagles. We will not faint.
To close tonight we close thanking each of you!
I Thessalonians 1: 2-3
We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers. We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ!
Thank you all for loving God and each of us, thank you for being part of this team through prayer, support, and encouragement!